Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combat Gasmask for Review!

Article about: Good morning, folks! This mask was one of my first garbage finds. I posted it in my thread what seems like years ago, but it never really garnered many comments. I recently took it down from

Default Combat Gasmask for Review!

Good morning, folks!

This mask was one of my first garbage finds. I posted it in my thread what seems like years ago, but it never really garnered many comments.

I recently took it down from my display and gave it a second look. I think it's pretty neat! I'd appreciate any additional info and comments on it!

Thanks!

Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!Combat Gasmask for Review!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Gasmask for Review!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Combat Gasmask for Review!

Hello,
    It is a very decent Gasmask set, with M38 Gasmask canister and GM38 in black rubber with blue painted metal parts indicating that the mask is magnetic and cant be used for instance by compass users...
    It would look cooler with carrying straps...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

A very nice gas mask.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The can itself is marked with a 3 letter code and the date "43"The can was renumbered most likely to match a new mask which has the matching number. Overall nice and solid. In great shape.

Fred

Great mask Joe! Just the right amount of wear on the can and the mask is killer. Late war stuff is the best to. JPhilip is right, a nice set of straps would work well on this can.

Jason

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    The can itself is marked with a 3 letter code and the date "43"

Hello Fred,
    Glad to see that you're also interested in german fieldgear...
    The letter code indicates only the maker of the closure latch, the maker of the canister itself should be stamped on the lid of the spare lenses "box"...in this case, i strongly suspect the markings to be located under the glued piece of paper...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Thanks for the kind words, folks! I found this gasmask/ can and these binoculars in the trash on the same day!

Combat Gasmask for Review!

I'd like to complete it with a set of spare lenses and the correct straps.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Fred,
    Glad to see that you're also interested in german fieldgear...
    The letter code indicates only the maker of the closure latch, the maker of the canister itself should be stamped on the lid of the spare lenses "box"...in this case, i strongly suspect the markings to be located under the glued piece of paper...
    Thanks
    It looks like we may never know!

Fred Green
    ?

Hello JPhilip,

Always great to see you here.

That is a nice thing to know. Thanks. I had wondered why some cannisters had different marking on the latch than the lense box!! Thanks again.

Fred

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    It looks like we may never know!
    That's life...but it's better to find such a personalized can than to know its maker...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast