Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DAF COIN/Token

Article about: I need help with finding out the purpose or meaning of this coin. This is from the German Labor Front or D.A.F. Gauwaltung means Administration District, which are the cities of Koln and Aac

?

Default DAF COIN/Token

I need help with finding out the purpose or meaning of this coin.
    This is from the German Labor Front or D.A.F.
    Gauwaltung means Administration District, which are the cities of Koln and Aachen. I need help with why they have it, was it a payment token or a token stating what district they are in?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF COIN/Token   DAF COIN/Token  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF COIN/Token
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAF COIN/Token

i never seen this pattern before , may-be a canteen coin

?

I have been collecting Third Reich Coins for years and I have not seen one either, picked it up in Germany, I just had to buy it!!!

?

Okay I found another of the same coin and it was labled as a canteen coin! But why would the DAF use these?

Quote by AKbear View Post
    Okay I found another of the same coin and it was labled as a canteen coin! But why would the DAF use these?
    I don't know but the NAAFI in Iraq used dollars, within that system was a couple of issues,1 it was not our currency, 2 it was not the local currency, 3 change in a war zone is hard to find in small denominations in large volumes. Answer, make your own! Most transactions in the NAAFI/canteen are low value which eats small change. To that end there was a system of, I think localy produced, low denomination tokens that took the form of plastic 'Pogs', I still have some somewhere. When asked NAAFI gave above excuse. They were also good for the American PX and they had their version we had ours they were all different but with a military theme on one side and a value in Cents on the other. This might explain why a system of tokens is sometimes required? The good thing is that they have no value except in theatre so they stay there on the whole. Unfortunately due to the different themes and the young age of the soldiers they attianed a collectable 'playground if you will' value and people wanted the whole set etc. NAAFI had to put out an appeal for the troops to stop hording them and use them! Just a thought on 'canteen cash'!

Jock

?

Thanks for your help I appreciate it!!! It really helps out when trying to unravel the things of the past.
    AKbear

AKbear, these are for you ................. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF COIN/Token   DAF COIN/Token  

DAF COIN/Token   DAF COIN/Token  

Regards,

Steve.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF COIN/Token  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Steve that is a very fine collection, thanks for the pics, I'll have to post mine soon. How long have you been collection those coins? What are some of your rares?

I've been collecting TR coins for about 20 years but haven't added any lately,
    other than a few Imperial 3 and 5 Marks.
    There are no 'rare' ones, except for two war-time zinc coins with some of the
    original silver plating intact, as shown in the first pic.

I thought you'd like to see them anyway.......!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast