Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Daimon 'Telko' Flashlight

Article about: Hello folks. This one was an eBay impulse buy and a bit of a gamble. First off, it is my understanding that these were not standard issue pieces of kit, and that the vast majority were purch

Default Daimon 'Telko' Flashlight

Hello folks.

This one was an eBay impulse buy and a bit of a gamble. First off, it is my understanding that these were not standard issue pieces of kit, and that the vast majority were purchased privately for field use. There are multiple variations of these lamps, with some having coloured filters or blackout hoods. This example has neither. I believe this is a pre-1945 example, going on the logo.

These would have had a multitude of uses, as a standard flashlight or as a signalling device. I can imagine these being popular with the Feldgendarmerie, as a means of controlling traffic.

Daimon 'Telko' FlashlightDaimon 'Telko' FlashlightDaimon 'Telko' FlashlightDaimon 'Telko' Flashlight

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daimon 'Telko' Flashlight
    P
    Many

Nice, but I think not military, here's one you should find?

That's exactly the type I have in mind when I go looking for these.

It wasn't a planned purchase, just happened to pop up for an agreeable price. I don't think I've ever seen any military ones being sold anywhere since I got into the world of collecting. One of those things that must be very common, but rather difficult to locate!

B.B.

Yes, look for the ones with TWO leather tabs to secure to the uniform buttons securely.....that's military!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Finding one has proven rather difficult. If anyone knows of one up for grabs somewhere, I'd be very grateful!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Finding one has proven rather difficult. If anyone knows of one up for grabs somewhere, I'd be very grateful!

B.B.
    give me yer 43 jacket and you can have mine

Do a search for Wehrmacht Taschenlampe and you might have some success. But be warned there are lots of post 1945 lamps about. As you already said the ones with coloured filters and stamped DRGM are the ones to aim for.

I shall keep an eye out. Might be something to go looking for at Military Odyssey in a few weeks. I can't imagine it'll be too hard to find one with so many dealers in one place.

B.B.

Here is my example.
    It has the red, and green lenses as well as the cover.
    Ralph.

Daimon 'Telko' FlashlightDaimon 'Telko' Flashlight
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast