Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Ammo box:)

Article about: Hi guy's, I think this may be my first thread in this section but may have somthing of interest here.Well i don't actually have it yet but have just purchased it from Klaus Butscheck for 50

Default DAK Ammo box:)

Hi guy's,
    I think this may be my first thread in this section but may have somthing of interest here.Well i don't actually have it yet but have just purchased it from Klaus Butscheck for 50 euros. I had another box in my collection that was identical to this one but in much poorer shape and it was an ex 'Rats of Tobruk' Aus vet bring back item 100%.It had the same colour of light tan paint and not to be confused with the later war ordanance tan often mistaken for DAK
    It is marked Patr.Kast.41 f M.G. on both ends under the carry handles with a double hinged lid and has a 3 letter code brh and 41 date that would make it perfect time for DAK material to be made.Interesting also is that these boxes seem to have been all completely painted on the inside too (maybe for cammo from aircraft i don't know?) and every other type of box ive had has no paint inside

Anyway your opinions please gent's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Ammo box:)   DAK Ammo box:)  

DAK Ammo box:)   DAK Ammo box:)  

DAK Ammo box:)   DAK Ammo box:)  

DAK Ammo box:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Ammo box:)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DAK Ammo box:)

Tom here is one in the later war tan for comparison !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Ammo box:)   DAK Ammo box:)  

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: DAK Ammo box:)

Thank's Paul!
    Nice battle worn box you have there.Thank's for the input as its always a pleasure.Interesting that it has the same markings as mine too

Tom