Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DAK E-Tool ?

Article about: For your consideration. Represented as DAK e-tool, I can find no makers mark or numbering of any sort which is suspicious. The paint is heavy and I really have no idea where to look on the s

Default DAK E-Tool ?

For your consideration. Represented as DAK e-tool, I can find no makers mark or numbering of any sort which is suspicious. The paint is heavy and I really have no idea where to look on the shovel for any such markings. I'm hoping someone has one to compare. Thanx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK E-Tool ?   DAK E-Tool ?  

DAK E-Tool ?   DAK E-Tool ?  

DAK E-Tool ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK E-Tool ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAK E-Tool ?

Sorry, I don't think this is even German. Compare the shape of the "ball" on the end of the shaft with a known original. Never seen one this before?. Also note how the shovel itself is secured to the shaft, again this is not like a wartime German entrenching tool.

Now what it is, I don't know. The problem is so many armies used similar but different tools.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: DAK E-Tool ?

Hello,
    It is for sure a strange tool. It doesn't look german even if some features are usually seen on german ones. The blade is seems electrically welded, instead if being riveted...
    The shape of the "ball" could have been modified by a soldier before it was painted.
    The most annonying part is the absence of back "ears" on the blade...
    There is still a lot to do concerning e-tools....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Whatever this e-tool is - it might have been mass produced - I have one just like this one. The sand/yellow paint is mixed with red colored sand. I took some pics with Wehrmacht e-tool and a German captured Russian e-tool which has the same sand/yellow paint.
    The mystery e-tool is from Italy, and was sold as a Schwimmwagen / Küblewagen e-tool - the Russian e-tool is from Germany, and they were purchased some years apart.

DAK E-Tool ?DAK E-Tool ?DAK E-Tool ?DAK E-Tool ?DAK E-Tool ?DAK E-Tool ?

Cheers,
    Fabe