Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Damaged Original German Backpack

Article about: Hi Everyone I was told this is an authentic WWII German backpack.It's in good shape but lost one shoulder strap! Is it possible to repair it? Or just keep what it stand?thanks a lot Kevin

Default Damaged Original German Backpack

Hi Everyone
    I was told this is an authentic WWII German backpack.It's in good shape but lost one shoulder strap!

Is it possible to repair it? Or just keep what it stand?thanks a lot
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Damaged Original German Backpack   Damaged Original German Backpack  

Damaged Original German Backpack   Damaged Original German Backpack  

Attached Images Attached Images Damaged Original German Backpack  Damaged Original German Backpack 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damaged Original German Backpack
    P
    Many

Default Re: Damaged Original German Backpack

Hello,
    Yes it's genuine and a model 34 Tornister I think. Nice to see the mess tin pouch still attached ( these get un-stitched & taken out as they are quite rare and saleable in their own right! ) Looks good to me as it is - maybe another strap set may turn up - stranger things have happened!

Hi Danmark
    Thanks so much for the detail information.Is that possible to fix the missing shoulder strap?Or just left it alone as a relic souvenir?

Hello,
    It is late produced M34 Tornister.
    Danmark is right concerning the messkit bag...nice to see it still attached to the Tornister, as some have been sold separatly as DAK messkits bags....
    Any markings on the remaining strap...?
    someday a matching pair of late straps will come out...for sure...and it worths to fix it as this "no fur" variant is brand new and not so common (no fur M39 Tornister was also made and is more common)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The straps in this type of backpack ( m34 and m39 ) are removable so you can fix the backpack as fast as you find pair of straps which will fit to backpack.

?

as said,it doesn't look damaged, just incomplete. You may want to find a pair of long straps or even a pair of hooks. They're not that hard to come as spares. Nice rucksack by the way!

Thanks everyone,I took some more pix.There is one faint marker on the strap but I can't make it.There are also some markers like "D&C" & "JCL", "EH" on the hooks.

Thanks for letting me know the straps are removable,it did work.It's really a good news for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Damaged Original German Backpack   Damaged Original German Backpack  

Damaged Original German Backpack   Damaged Original German Backpack  

Damaged Original German Backpack