Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DDX 6x30 binos & case

Article about: I picked these up today local to me, I don't usually buy German TR items these days but he price was too good to pass on them and I like binos, though I'll probably list them for sale fairly

Default DDX 6x30 binos & case

I picked these up today local to me, I don't usually buy German TR items these days but he price was too good to pass on them and I like binos, though I'll probably list them for sale fairly soon. They are 6x30's, serial number 161029, the optics are clear with no spotting and they come with a chinstrap and a leather case, though I am not sure that either are original to them. They have a O after the makers code which signifies something but I forget what it means.

Obviously the makers are Voightlander & Sonn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDX 6x30 binos & case   DDX 6x30 binos & case  

DDX 6x30 binos & case   DDX 6x30 binos & case  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDX 6x30 binos & case
    P
    Many

A nice set Jerry!
    Do they have the range finder in the optics? Check the strap carefully, mine have a maker's mark and date on the strap and a considerably lower serial number.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDX 6x30 binos & case   DDX 6x30 binos & case  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If they had the range finder they would be marked as yours are with H/6400 Ralph, which was on the set of Zeiss binos I used to own and had the graticule. I used to have a set with a triangle which was to do with temperature range of the grease, what the O is for I can't remember. I'll check the strap for markings later, busy at the moment.
    Regards,

Jerry

The "O" indicates the type of lubricant used in them. In this case, "O" stands for the Winter grease . "O"= up to -20 degrees C. I believe that the "O" was originally colored Blue for easier recognition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, I had a vague recollection that it was something of that ilk. Eastern front bino's then!
    Regards,

Jerry

Thumbs up

Nice pair of Dienstglas - good find !

Yes nice find

like them.

Well rather strangely, they do have a range finding scale inside the lens, I only found it when I had chance to look threw them properly today and adjusted them into proper focus. The optics are perfect on them, all the others I have owned had at least a little bit of spotting or lamination, but these appear to have none.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice binos. Great find Jerry.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast