Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????

Article about: The photos were grainy, the strap was Bundeswehr but the kanister was what grabbed my eye - and a buy-it-now price on EBay of 60 British pounds didn't hurt. What do you think .... am I dream

Default Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????

The photos were grainy, the strap was Bundeswehr but the kanister was what grabbed my eye - and a buy-it-now price on EBay of 60 British pounds didn't hurt.
    What do you think .... am I dreaming or did I get lucky?

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????   Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????  

Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Did I stumble upon a Normandy cammo gasmask Kanister??????

Hi Dan,
    Unfortunately thats not a Normandie gas mask case. The camo on a Normandie can is a really nice 3 colour camo. At this time I am unable to upload pictures owing to my dinosaur status with a computer but if you email me direct I can send you a picture or 2 of a Channel Island camo gas mask case which is almost identical to the Normandie camo. My email is damienhorn1@gmail.com
    All the best,
    D.

Thanks Damien, I will ( you kindly helped me out before with a wicker shell carrier seal )
    I just saw the OT base colour and then the green and brown ( which may be rust I know ) and deduced "3 colour" ..... so it IS cammo, just NOT Normandy cammo?
    Dan

Hi Dan, have a look at this thread and JP's final comment:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...s-mask-186091/

I have one the same.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, have a look at this thread and JP's final comment:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...s-mask-186091/

I have one the same.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade , it's funny - on my work computer monitor ( where I was when I bought it ) you couldn't see the grey - now on my home one I can!
    BUT, I can still see OT and green - so while that thread goes some way to explain it it does seem to be cammo to some degree and this wouldn't happen on a post war issue IMO. What about issues to Luft ground troops?

I saw this one last night as well Dan. Ic ould see the grey and tan/green coming through, but to me looked like the grey had been stripped or tried to anyways. I wasn't confident enough in it to move but at least once it arrives to you we will see better pics. Hope its a good one.

Cheers
    Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    I saw this one last night as well Dan. Ic ould see the grey and tan/green coming through, but to me looked like the grey had been stripped or tried to anyways. I wasn't confident enough in it to move but at least once it arrives to you we will see better pics. Hope its a good one.

Cheers
    Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I should have realised I wasn't the only dude to see this!
    It does look a bit like a botched paint stripper effect but that doesn't explain the OT or green either. I'll know soon enough when it gets here..... until then who knows? ( fingers & toes crossed )
    Dan