Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Dienst-Brille mint

Article about: Here is a pickup from today. In mint condition and nicely named. It is stuff like this that makes collecting a thrill for me. Steve

Default Dienst-Brille mint

Here is a pickup from today. In mint condition and nicely named. It is stuff like this that makes collecting a thrill for me.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienst-Brille mint   Dienst-Brille mint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienst-Brille mint
    P
    Many

that is really nice - still need to find a set for my collection :-)

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    that is really nice - still need to find a set for my collection :-)
    Ditto here

?

Bunker Militaria has many of these for sale.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi Steve,
    very nice condition, but although the box says "dienst", they are Masken Brille for me; the Dienst Brille not had tapes of cloth, but the bars.
    if you can help, look at this my recent post:

German Army WW2 Glasses

Cheers
    Roberto

Hi Roberto
    This is how they came to me and I am not sure on the translation. Nearest I can figure out Dienst means service and Masken means mask and Brille of course means glasses. Schieb-Brille on the inside label of the case translates to Disc glasses as far as I can figure. The only thing I could find when I researched Schieb-Brille was lenes related to aiming which makes sense as these glasses were apparently issued to someone in flak. Glad for any info you might have.

Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve,
    there was another point that I did not understand:the glossy finish of the frame glasses, because those WW2 had matte finish; I think I have arrived at a solution: they are Bundeswehr Masken Brille of 60s; but the case is not that original one that was completely different, try looking at this link:
    https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j...52106064181684

I hope I was helpful and if you need of info on this topic do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Roberto

?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Hi Roberto
    This is how they came to me and I am not sure on the translation. Nearest I can figure out Dienst means service and Masken means mask and Brille of course means glasses. Schieb-Brille on the inside label of the case translates to Disc glasses as far as I can figure. The only thing I could find when I researched Schieb-Brille was lenes related to aiming which makes sense as these glasses were apparently issued to someone in flak. Glad for any info you might have.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve, it says Schiess-Brille on the label, schiessen is to shoot.

Tony

?

I habe a few masked brillee, but finding it hard to track down a pair of the dienst brille

Quote by ynot View Post
    Steve, it says Schiess-Brille on the label, schiessen is to shoot.

Tony
    Hi Steve,
    yes, it's as Tony says.

Roberto