Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!

Article about: Hi found this and was asking you guys whether it looks un-issued original or modern repaint on snout/lens's.thanks.

Default Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!

Hi found this and was asking you guys whether it looks un-issued original or modern repaint on snout/lens's.thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!   Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!  

Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!   Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!  

Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!   Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!  

Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay mint GM38 + canister!!!!
    P
    Many

Dear Friend,

repainted or not...I like it very much....from photos I'm inclined to think of a repainting....so brilliant....time ago in a market I saw one similar but the blue was more paler...a blue mixed to gray....I don't know if I was helpful but this is my impression no claim to be repository of truth.

I'm not sure but I think they painted them blue because they were magnetic...

Matt

That's right Matt,however at £100 and missing canister straps is this set worth it in the UK?

Hi, ruddersrangers44
    what Matt says is correct, this is a magnetic M38, generally aimed at Police and Political organization.
    It looks good in my opinion; in my area the price for a example in this condition is 70/90 Euros.
    If you scroll this my post you, can view two magnetic examples: a M30 and M38.
    My Third Reich Gasmasks collection

Greetings
    Roberto

So let me understand...this is the original colour?So blue?.....There is nothing to do ...... there is always something to learn....Great!

I have seen war examples with various tone of blue, glossy or matt.
    Generally magnetic M38 were painted with darker blue tone, if compared to the blue of the M40, but there's no rule.

Cheers

Man your collection of gas masks is a sight to behold Roberto,thanks for your link,top stuff.......

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    That's right Matt,however at £100 and missing canister straps is this set worth it in the UK?
    I've seen sets like this in the UK for 60-70 pounds. I have a GM38 without the canister, but the shop where I brought my deactivated SMLE gave it to me for free.

Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-20-2016 at 11:41 AM.