Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

EBL letters on metal

Article about: Hi - I have a set of five folding shirt hangers in a leather pouch which I have been told are WW2 vintage and believed to be military issue. They bear the letters of the Deutsches Reichs Pat

Default EBL letters on metal

Hi - I have a set of five folding shirt hangers in a leather pouch which I have been told are WW2 vintage and believed to be military issue. They bear the letters of the Deutsches Reichs Patent mark and DRGM to indicate that they were made between 1871 and 1945. They also bear the initials EBL within an outline that looks like an upside down keyhole.

Can anyone tell me the meaning of these letters? I have searched for some time now with no success. Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EBL letters on metal
    P
    Many

Default Re: EBL letters on metal

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It would help if you could post a clear photo of the details of the item you are talking about. There are many members here who are willing to help if they can.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for your response, Ralph. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to provide a photograph and was hoping that somebody could simply help from my description of the letters. Also, perhaps, to confirm or otherwise whether these folding metal shirt hangers are, indeed, something that a soldier, presumably, an officer would have been provided with. S

Without seeing them, it sounds like a makers mark perhaps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, Jerry, I think they probably are, but I was hoping that they might turn out to be something a bit more interesting! Ah well.

The odds are it is the makers mark and I suspect the letter "L" stands for the location of Lüdenscheid.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you, Ade. That looks very likely. Have looked up Ludenscheid and learnt now about it being a metal manufacturing area with a number of firms that dealt in locks and hinges. This would certainly fit the bill. Can't find anyone with the initials EB, but they are probably long gone now and may have been small. Thanks for your help. Siobhan