Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?

Article about: Hi everyone I've been offered what looks like a fallschirmjager gas mask can anyone say if its fake or real from the pictures. The gas mask bag is stamped L.B.A.1941, the webbing is of fine

CultOfOne
    ?

Default fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?

Hi everyone

I've been offered what looks like a fallschirmjager gas mask can anyone say if its fake or real from the pictures.

The gas mask bag is stamped L.B.A.1941, the webbing is of fine weave, poppers have embosed P R Y M on the underside of popper lid, the interior has leather patches & the rubber attachment which i believe seals the filter, the zip fasterner is has the letters 'zipp' on the front and the reverse D.R.P.

Thanks for any help given.

fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?

2. # ADS

Default Re: fallschirmjager gas mask fake or real?

The gasmask/filter are authentic, and PRYM Snaps are a good indicator of originality as well.
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-15-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Hello,
    I will not comment on the originality of this item as cloth Gasmask bags is not something i've been interested in, but i would like to say two things concerning what i can see on these photos.

- it seems to me that some metal parts are partially oxydized but the cloth looks brand new....

- i have never seen a LBA stamped this way, it should be something like : L.B.A. (S) 41 (or another letter according to the Luftwaffe acceptance depot). No letter mentioned and full date instead of two last digits....weird

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,
    91 viewers and no other comment than the two posted...
    This kind of item is a minefield and as they're rare as hens teeth, i'm not very surprised if a very limited amount of members "dare" to post...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I'm no expert on this particular item. But from what I can see it all of it looks good to me. I've seen enough LW items and cloth items to know the sewing, snap and zipper details all look good. It is not unusual to find straps in good shape with hardware that has aged. I'd check out the cloth carrier most carefully since that is the element most likely to be faked. The mask as stated looks good. NH

I would certainly agree with JP regarding the markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!