Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Fantasy tokens supposed to be from the Channel Islands

Article about: I thought I should put this thread together to inform you about the fantasy tokens that are out there mainly in the USA and are supposed to have origins relating back to the time of the Germ

Default Fantasy tokens supposed to be from the Channel Islands

I thought I should put this thread together to inform you about the fantasy tokens that are out there mainly in the USA and are supposed to have origins relating back to the time of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands. There are 12 different in the set and they are made of different metals, brass, zinc etc. They all have different themes relating to various aspects of the Occupation but the most important thing to know is that they are not real. They were made in the 1960/70's in the USA, possibly as some sort of college project....if any one knows then please let me know. In my 40 years of collecting here in Jersey, Channel Islands I have never had a house call to see such items, nor does anyone who was here at the time recall anything about them. No such tokens of any description were ever used here by the Civilian or German people. It annoys me greatly to see such items for sale and stating that they are original, they are not and they are not even reproduction they are purely fantasy pieces. There is one big American dealer out there who says I am wrong because he bought his examples from a reputable coin dealer in the 60's, well he can believe what ever he likes..... he's wrong. I hope you guys will take this on board when you see them for sale, unless they appeal to your sense of humour and you buy them for what they are... fantasy items.
    I have attached pictures of them from a study that was done some years back and also an early advert from a magazine called Exchange and Mart which offered them for sale.... the advert alone suggests that they don't just have one or two, they are expecting to sell loads of them from the advert.
    As with everything "Caveat Emptor".
    I hope you find this of interest and use.
    If you want to see more of my collection then please go to German WW2 Militaria - Home here you will see some of what I have collected over the last 40 years.
    All the best from Jersey, Channel Islands
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tokens.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	266122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tokens 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	266123  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Token advert .jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	266124  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P