MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A "few" Patronenkästen 41

Article about: Since I have a few of these now, I decided to post them all, especially since today is very nice weather, so I took them outside and took a few photos. 4 of them are marked brc "Fritz W

Default A "few" Patronenkästen 41

Since I have a few of these now, I decided to post them all, especially since today is very nice weather, so I took them outside and took a few photos.
    4 of them are marked brc "Fritz Weber & Co, Laternenfabrik Berlin SO36" and one is made by skt which I wasn't able to find out yet.
    4 of them came directly from old farms and attics, only the one with the repaired latch was most likely bought from a collector.
    None of the boxes cost more than 45€.
    I hope you like them as much as I do
    The ammo you see is all empty, I got that for free when I picked up some helmets at an elderly man's house.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A "few" Patronenkästen 41   A "few" Patronenkästen 41  

A "few" Patronenkästen 41   A "few" Patronenkästen 41  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A "few" Patronenkästen 41
    P
    Many

... more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A "few" Patronenkästen 41   A "few" Patronenkästen 41  

A "few" Patronenkästen 41  

A nice collection of ammunition boxes! Is the ammunition wartime dated?

B.B.

Thanks!
    Yes, it's all war time or pre war, I have a bunch of lacquered steel cased ammo dated 1944, some pre war brass ones, some I think Polish made maybe and a lot of WWI galvanized steel and brass cases. I also have a few rounds of Mauser ammo that are made by FN but marked in cyrillic letters.
    I can post the lot of ammo up as well, I carried it home in helmets
    Luis

Very nice! You must have enough there to fill a few 50-round belts.

B.B.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, I have around 150 rounds of Mauser ammo, also have some .30-06, piece of an S.Mi.Z.35, a French Lebel round with a wood tip dated 1899 and around 23 Mauser 5 round stripper clips.
    A friend who also came with me took a G3 magazine and a bunch of NATO ammo.
    Luis

That's a very good find. Inert wartime 7.92 costs an arm and a leg over here, and filling a 50-round belt can be costly.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    That's a very good find. Inert wartime 7.92 costs an arm and a leg over here, and filling a 50-round belt can be costly.

B.B.
    Yeah it's no different over here in Germany, what people charge for just one round is quite a lot indeed.
    Luis