Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First arrival of the month

Article about: Thanks pammy, glad you like it Cheers. Nuno

Default First arrival of the month

Hi, this september has been slow going, bought several items, but all have been delayed due to vacations, anyway today has arrived my german gas mask cannister, The gas mask itself is on route alongside some third reich porcelain.
    My Jap flag has arrived today at customs in lisbon, but it only be delivered next week.
    Here are the photos of the cannister.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First arrival of the month   First arrival of the month  

First arrival of the month  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First arrival of the month
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: First arrival of the month

I love gas mask cans.

Hello Nuno,
    First of all, I don't want you to misunderstand my post, it's not intented to be aggressive, but in my opinion, this single rusted canister is not very collectable. There are enough gasmask sets or single canisters on the market to avoid to buy an item in this condition. I know that it can be very tempting if very cheap, but better save some money and wait for the good one, a definitive example with at least 85% of its original Feldgrau paint...These can be found for small prices compared to the rest of the Third Reich militaria....It's better to purchase items that are close to the condition they were at the end of the war, that were put in storage in a dry places....
    At least if one day this passion goes down, you'll have some good stuff for sale in order to see your money coming back...
    I know that this is not the sale forum, but if you would like to find an affordable original gasmask set or even a single canister, just drop me a PM and i'll see what i can do in order to help you to achieve what seems to be a dream for you....if i can help....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Nuno,
    First of all, I don't want you to misunderstand my post, it's not intented to be aggressive, but in my opinion, this single rusted canister is not very collectable. There are enough gasmask sets or single canisters on the market to avoid to buy an item in this condition. I know that it can be very tempting if very cheap, but better save some money and wait for the good one, a definitive example with at least 85% of its original Feldgrau paint...These can be found for small prices compared to the rest of the Third Reich militaria....It's better to purchase items that are close to the condition they were at the end of the war, that were put in storage in a dry places....
    At least if one day this passion goes down, you'll have some good stuff for sale in order to see your money coming back...
    I know that this is not the sale forum, but if you would like to find an affordable original gasmask set or even a single canister, just drop me a PM and i'll see what i can do in order to help you to achieve what seems to be a dream for you....if i can help....
    Thanks
    The man also lives in portugal. It could be hard to find an OK gas mask canister there. Nice find though. Do you have any pictures of the flag?

Hello,
    Come on, Portugal is not on another planet, there are german gasmasks collectors in the Carribean or in China, in places where the german army never went to...how all these collectors do collect items ?.....via Internet....there are plenty of offers through the Internet....from dealers, from other collectors...and gasmasks sets are still more or less affordable on the market, only the longer strap can be hard to find if your set is not complete...
    As i always say, quality is better than quantity if you can't afford both...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hello,
    Come on, Portugal is not on another planet, there are german gasmasks collectors in the Carribean or in China, in places where the german army never went to...how all these collectors do collect items ?.....via Internet....there are plenty of offers through the Internet....from dealers, from other collectors...and gasmasks sets are still more or less affordable on the market, only the longer strap can be hard to find if your set is not complete...
    As i always say, quality is better than quantity if you can't afford both...
    Thanks
    I understand that quality is always better than quantity, but I never said he is in a place where he couldn't find pristine items. I just stated it could be a place with a lesser amount of military items. Also, lets not fight. :P

Hello Nuno,
    Thanks
    Hi mate, i agree with what you are saying, it makes sense.
    I could get better "cans" if i want to, but there are some items i like with rust,gas mask cans are one of those items. i love the smell of a rusty battlefield relic
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hello Nuno,
    I know what you mean with "the smell of rusty battlefield relics"
    Perhaps i had and found too many of them when i was a child and teenager, that's why i do prefer items in VGC now...
    I met once a french guy who had a metal detector and a passion for rusted relics directly found on the battelfield. After several years of detecting, all his dug up stuff was stocked in two rooms of his house..there were big wooden boxes full of K98k rifles (no wood of course), Panzerfaust, bayonets, messkits, canteens, machine-guns and many tank parts (both german and american)...the amount of schrapnels he found was impressive. He had tons and tons of wrecked WWII military stuff, mainly german.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    The man also lives in portugal. It could be hard to find an OK gas mask canister there. Nice find though. Do you have any pictures of the flag?
    Hi, my jap flag has finally cleared customs and will be sent to my home at the end of the week. i only have the photo the seller provided.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First arrival of the month  

?

very nice!! love it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast