Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Zeltbahn

Article about: I picked this up for what is considered cheap in Russia. A decent example, IMO, but it has some problems. What do you guys think, is the field repair original or done later?

Default First Zeltbahn

I picked this up for what is considered cheap in Russia. A decent example, IMO, but it has some problems. What do you guys think, is the field repair original or done later?

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

First Zeltbahn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is always hard to tell if repairs were done wartime or postwar, unless the Zeltbahn bears markings of the factory that repaired it. You'll be happy to learn that what you consider as a standard Zeltbahn is in fact a rotated buttonholes variant made only between May and July 1944. If it was cheap, it's even better...as this variant usually costs the price of two Zeltbahnen in good condition.
    Thanks
    :)

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Blue ovals show the normal vertical buttonholes
    Red ovals show the modified horizontal buttonholes....
    good catch...

First Zeltbahn

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is always hard to tell if repairs were done wartime or postwar, unless the Zeltbahn bears markings of the factory that repaired it. You'll be happy to learn that what you consider as a standard Zeltbahn is in fact a rotated buttonholes variant made only between May and July 1944. If it was cheap, it's even better...as this variant usually costs the price of two Zeltbahnen in good condition.
    Thanks
    WOW! Thanks! I had no idea! That's awesome to learn. It doesn't have any markings so I guess we'll never know. I could try to take some better photos if that'd help?

You're welcome....always a good thing to realize that an item is better than what expected...

The maker mark should be located in the red rectangles below...

First Zeltbahn

In Memoriam :

If factory repaired, the factory mark should be located here....

First Zeltbahn

In Memoriam :

I'm not seeing any makers marks there, too bad. I see where someone's name was written but it's really faded.

Congrats on your first zelt. Nice that JP can point out that it is somewhat unique. Sure is nice to see the forum at work helping collectors.

Steve

I'm a big fan and I WILL one day take the plunge into membership, as soon as the ruble is worth more than nothing, that is.

That zeltbahn is much nicer than the other one you were looking at with the big rip in it.
    Very nice.
    I didn't know about the button holes, so thank you JP I learned something new.
    You had me unrolling mine, but it's just a standard one.

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast