Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this flag original?

Article about: I wouldn't touch that damned thing with a 10 foot pole. Flags can be found anywhere. They are not expensive.

Check you can return it before you buy is my advice, otherwise walk away.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this flag original?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    No telling with a trash bag covering most of it, I guess. And, surely... the only reason for covering the swastika in sales ads etc. is in cases where sellers live in countries where it's considered an illegal symbol --- but even then I fail to see why a seller wouldn't provide you with an uncensored shot privately via email/pm or whatever... (?). Does the seller have anything to hide? Just asking...
    I may be able to get some additional photos. They bag is covering it for selling purposes.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check you can return it before you buy is my advice, otherwise walk away.
    I can return it.

?

Did they say why they can't show more photos? I'm usually skeptical about people who find the symbol so offensive that they refuse to photograph it, yet are glad to sell it to anyone who'll pay enough. Sometimes the swastika is defaced or damaged.

?

The bag is covering the center for selling purposes, you say?
    Seems counterproductive to me.
    I smell a rat and advice you not to buy unless you were able to return it and from what you say, thats not an option.

Of course, something's definitely off if the swastika isn't covered up in order to abide by some kind of law prohibiting the display of such symbols. If the seller refuses to provide you with more photos you should walk away ---these flags are practically all over the place, very common.

?

Of course, something's definitely off if the swastika isn't covered up in order to abide by some kind of law prohibiting the display of such symbols. If the seller refuses to provide you with more photos you should walk away ---these flags are practically all over the place, very common.
    I'll wait and see if he gives me more photos. Thanks.

Hope he'll provide --- Is there any reason why you're looking to get this particular flag btw? Just curious.

?

Hope he'll provide --- Is there any reason why you're looking to get this particular flag btw? Just curious.
    It would be my first German flag. I've wanted to get one for a while.

I can understand that.... I actually got my first one a short while ago too, a nice podium flag/banner. An item I think every TR collector should have. What I was really wondering about was why this particular flag was your pick when there are so many others to choose from online (everything disclosed, no trash bags ). Good price perhaps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast