Found a WWII era tool case, what do I have?

Article about: Hello, First of all, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum as I'm not sure what I have. I found this old, military tool case in my late grandfather's garage. He worked as a radio

Default Found a WWII era tool case, what do I have?

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum as I'm not sure what I have. I found this old, military tool case in my late grandfather's garage. He worked as a radio technician before and probably throughout WWII in Łódź, Poland. I think that this may be a signal corps' tool case, but I have no idea which army is this from. Intricacy and a very well thought out design make me think that this is of German origin.

Photos:

additional interior pieces on which the 70 years old glue gave up and assorted tools (apart from the pincers):

As you can see, some of the interior is padded with felt, some of it is lined with steel. I guess that the steel plates are there to protect the wood from heat (ie. from a soldering iron)

What can you tell me about my find?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Found a WWII era tool case, what do I have?

Very nice !
    Love the radio.

Pozdrowienia !
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

Looks more like a Hufbeschlag tool kit or Farrier. The nipper and file are tools used to trim hoofs. NH

I love old tool boxes.That is a real cool one. I believe you nailed it with the soldering iron(same thought I had) and the steel was put in so you could just put it away,without burning the box up. Makes me wonder if it was a body auto body repair kit. back in the old days, they used lead as a seam filler and for attaching sheetmetal,also for doing custom mods,or "lead sleds"