Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

Article about: GIZMO....only item I have any idea on (and that's just from watching them on eBay) is the M38 GM and carrier...I concure with others on that, about \\$100US, maybe a little more because the nu

Default Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

Hello all! After a hard day of teaching history... these items were waiting for me at the recycling facility that my family owns!

What exactly do I have on my hands here? Is everything authentic?! Can someone help me put a value on these items?

THANKS!

This appears to be an M40 lid... no liner and chinstrap unfortunately. There is only one stamp on the rear skirt... I am not familiar with it.

I can't really make out the stamping.... S1890?

Gasmask and canister:

You can see the adler and swaz ink stamp...Nov. 44

DAK(?) Binoculars:

cag and blue triangle

Dienstglas 6x30 and serial number 127153

I'm thinking this might be a WW1 canteen?

Detail on the canteen buttons:

This was with it all... but I'm thinking it's a repro. I originally thought it was a K98 bayo... but it's clearly got a Russian maker mark.

Maker marks?

Maker marks on the scabbard and frog

Please let me know if any additional pictures are required. I'm thrilled about this!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

The bayonet is Jugoslavian for their M48 mauser type rifle,made at factory 44.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

The gas mask is a German M-38. Here's a great link for these..

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasmaske

Another great save from being lost forever.

Russ

Thanks for the response! I'd greatly appreciate help with all these items... I'm clueless for most of them.

The Dienstglas i pretty sure are not DAK. Ordance tan was started to become more commen to be painted on equipment in 1943. The Bule triangle if i remember correctly means they can still work in the snow(freezing temp). So they were issued 1943+. Good find though i been hunting for Dienstglas like yours.

Dienstglas could have been issued 1943+
    Last edited by Franz1944; 09-28-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: add text

Oh...and the filter is correct for the M-38 gas mask I am pretty sure. Now you've tapped my knowledge base, the rest of this thread is going to be purely educational for me!

Awesome! Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I would really appreciate values if anyone can provide them!

forgot to tell you the canteen is not wwI, it really wwII. Late war, i didnt know this canteen existed untill like 4 or 5 months ago.

Great stuff!

I think I'm going to have to sell this stuff to fund some unforeseen expenses (and one that's 3 years in the making...). Can someone tell me how much they may be worth, please?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast