Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???

Article about: Hello again! Got this gasmask with canister today The filter look new or? All thoughts are welcome!! Thanks!

?

Default Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???

Hello again!

Got this gasmask with canister today

The filter look new or? All thoughts are welcome!!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???   Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???  

Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???   Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???  

Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???   Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???

more pics..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???  

Hmm, the "snout" and the metal around the eyes looks as if it is painted blue? Is it magnetic?

I know that in Denmark the CF (Civilforsvaret), Falck og Zonen (Later just Falck) and others used the gas masks after the war.

I know that the Norwegian army utilized a LOT of old German equipment in the years after the war.
    New filters may have been been needed at some time during the post-war lifespan of the masks?

The filter is definitely new. I can see the date 1969 on the bottom label.

?

Yes I thought it must be newer. I know that it says 1969, but I think its the date when the filter is old and not working. Interesting that u mentioned CF! Thats could be the reason for that filter Have not tried the magnet yet. Maybe I'll try later And yes its dark blue.

Here is a guide to use the German gas mask, published in 1974 by the Danish "Civilforsvaret" (CF)

Gas canister from 1938 and gasmask.But age on the filter???

It is more than likely that the mask was used for civil defence purposes (either in Denmark or Norway) after the war, hence the "new" filter.

EDIT: I remember that the Danish CF used white tape or paint on expired filters to indicate they were for practise use only. Is the white colour at the bottom of your filter tape?

?

Thats great dear neighbor!

As u see in one of the pics of the filter: Schwebstoffe aller art, auch radioaktive... That, for me, is post war

Cheers!

Quote by Voje85 View Post
    Thats great dear neighbor!

As u see in one of the pics of the filter: Schwebstoffe aller art, auch radioaktive... That, for me, is post war

Cheers!
    Yes, especially the "radioactive" part is definitely post war

Only happy to be able to help.

Hi

The gasmask is the one with Mikro-Anschluß.... often used by the Kriegsmarine... it there a big eagle with M underneath it in the mask ??

Also check the Klarscheiben (spare lenses) compartment for an eagle with M stamp

The Filter is definately post war

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

?

cant se the letter M only 1938 and the owners name. Inside the mask is an eagle but cant read M..

Hello,
    As tom said these masks were often used by the Kriegsmarine, but by some Heer troops as well and in this case there's no M under the eagle...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast