Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gas mask canister 1940

Article about: Good day mates Got a great bargain today at the flea market of a german gas mask and canister (with owner name painte inside). I got two issues bugging me : 1. being an early watime canister

Default Gas mask canister 1940

Good day mates

Got a great bargain today at the flea market of a german gas mask and canister (with owner name painte inside). I got two issues bugging me :

1. being an early watime canister the latch bears the symbol of Ditmar yet the interior lid is marked MSM N 1940. Is it the same manufacturer ?

2. Also The bottom bears no D (Dicht) and is coated black (maybe later on coated) ? So has anyone encountered such a variation ? I mean there's no green paint under the black one on the bottom (visible in a place where there's a part of paint missing)
    Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940Gas mask canister 1940

Gas mask is 1944 btw. Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask canister 1940
    P
    Many

It simply means that the gas mask isn't watertight. From what I've heard is that the can parts are made from different manufacturers, so you could get many different manufacturing markings. Dunno much about the black on the bottom.