MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Mask and Canister Markings

Article about: Hello everyone! I'm considering a gas mask and canister set, and am hoping this set was paired together originally. But, I know very little about the markings found on these. Can I tap the f

Default Gas Mask and Canister Markings

Hello everyone!

I'm considering a gas mask and canister set, and am hoping this set was paired together originally. But, I know very little about the markings found on these. Can I tap the forum for some information on whether a person can tell from the markings if the mask goes with the canister?

From what I've found from forum searches, I get the impression you have to look for matching hand painted text, or names. It sounds like the Wa stamps that I see on this one's filter, are more inspection or acceptance marks, and wouldn't necessarily match the stamp on the bottom of the canister bottom. I believe the Fe 37 is the size. If I were going by the year, the mask filter is stamped 1940, and the canister 1941, which seems like reasonable mates for each other.

I would appreciate any opinions on this on. They're common enough, I'd like to find a matching set. That said, I really like the look of this set so far.

Thanks everyone!

Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas Mask and Canister Markings
    P
    Many

As you know i don't know much about these however the set looks fine to me and the FE37 is the 1st pattern filter used,the snout is the 3rd and final type produced,i would be happy with this.................

I really like the set too. But, I temper my excitement with the condition that the set needs to match, or in all likelihood be reasonable to claim they do. I'd be all over it if 112 was on the snout. As is, I can't tell how I would know if they match unless they sometimes put the number somewhere else.. Didn't they always paint the number on the canister on the snout also when they issued these?

Can't help with matching fieldpost numbers etc,not my area at all,i've always been on the production side of anything Lol,good luck either way.

Thanks man. I'll get it figured out, or wait for the next one.

This is one of those items that popped up that you like but otherwise weren't looking hard for, but now have to do a crash course on to see if it's what you were wanting. Thankfully they're not rare, so there's not the pressure of never finding another if it slips by.