Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got this gasmask, and I think it is a GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts. I have former got this great link to identify it: http://www.mp44.nl/equipment/gas_mask_2.

Default Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?

Hi Forum
    I have just got this gasmask, and I think it is a GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts. I have former got this great link to identify it: http://www.mp44.nl/equipment/gas_mask_2.htm

The productionof Gasmasken with magnetic parts identified with blue paint (meant to let knowto compass users to the mask contained ferrous metal) is announced in anofficial text dated from the 8th of July 1943.
    There is astamp on the metal "nose" bmw (must be the manufacturer) and perhapsthe year 42. There is also a red Waffen Amt stamp, and 1 filter FE41 (from1941). I cannot find any manufactorer with the stamp BMW, do anyone know it, all comments are welcome.

Along with the gasmask came a Giftgas D.R.P 575 293 Zyklon container, but it has notthing to do with the mask

Regards
    John

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?   Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?  

Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?   Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?  

Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?   Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask GM38 black rubber with blue metal parts ?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Yes it is a black rubber GM38 with ferrous part identified by the blue paint...and a FE41 filter (postwar repainted !?)
    You may know that the link you provided is Tom's site, MP44tom....as you know he's a moderator of this subforum with me....
    Concerning the last three photos showing this stuff, i have the weakness to believe that it has nothing to do here....even if it came with the Gasmask...i may delete these three photos...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The tin can even has the modern plasticized white coating ........fakers are idiots, really.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you for your info, do you know the manufacturer, does it says bmw on the metal "nose"
    Yes, I know what you mean about the giftgas box, it just came along with the mask, so I just posted them together

Argh, I didnt notice the plastic coating inside, pure garbish then :-(

Yes it says bmw on the nose, but it's not BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke)....bmw is a code for : Aluminiumwerke Nürberg G.m.b.H., Nopitschstrasse 67...bmw has just made the nose, the manufacturer of the Gasmask can be found inside the mask.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Thanks, I know bmw do not stands for BMW, but I couldn´t find the manufactorer

But how about the label, that one looks real if I compare with the ones on Goggle:
    https://www.google.dk/search?q=zyklo...M3dD4Yfec6M%3A

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Thanks, I know bmw do not stands for BMW, but I couldn´t find the manufactorer

The manufacturer is ebd : Fatra Erzeugung techn. Gummiwaren, Napajedl/Mähren
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by johnschou View Post
    But how about the label, that one looks real if I compare with the ones on Goggle
    Are you serious ?

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast