Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gasmaskcontainer Wintercamo Surprise

Article about: Hey guys, got this container today, before I put it in a stronger oxalic solution for about 1hr. The surface was about 65% rust 25% green 10% white color. Now that came out 😍. Unfort

Default Gasmaskcontainer Wintercamo Surprise

Hey guys, got this container today, before I put it in a stronger oxalic solution for about 1hr. The surface was about 65% rust 25% green 10% white color. Now that came out 😍. Unfortunately, I noticed a little late that the color slowly reacted with the acid and washed off slightly at one point after plastic brushing. After I noticed that, I immediately took the tin out of the bath and washed gently under soapy water, and began to dry with a hair dryer. What do you think of the play and how should I proceed? The white paint feels like chalk if you rub a little bit. Would Balistol cause further damage as soon as the paint is completely dried out again? greetings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmaskcontainer Wintercamo Surprise
    P
    Many

I'm surprised this much remains after the bath. At this point, I'd say preserve what you have now and don't do any further work on it. If it is chalky, I would be very careful applying any kind of sealant for fear of discoloration or damage. Maybe find a display spot and limit handling. NH

Gasmaskcontainer Wintercamo SurpriseAttachment 1352151Gasmaskcontainer Wintercamo Surprise before the oxalbath

You could try some anti rust treatment on a small patch of the rust, but probably best to thoroughly dry out and leave it. Don't be tempted to spray any clear lacquer onto it as this might react further with the oxalic.