Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?

Article about: Just purchased these snow goggles, collection filler until something better comes along. Any opinions as to origin? Similar to or may be German, never seen another set like them.

?

Default Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?

Just purchased these snow goggles, collection filler until something better comes along. Any opinions as to origin? Similar to or may be German, never seen another set like them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?   Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?

I have seen them those look German ww2 they are not so easy to find anymore. i think they are OK timothy

I am not an expert on goggles ,but your goggles appear to be of the TR era,very well made with the "wide" leather nose piece. The items i am posting are what "i hope" to be of the same TR ERA.....the top left pair with clear plastic lens came in the metal container.........the aluminum pair with the "thin" nose piece came in the oval cardboard case.........the last pair with the added face protection i haven't any idea .......and the SCHNEE SCHUTZBRILLE (SNOW PROTECTION) box is empty. Hope there is someone out there can shed some light on the items................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

Quote by SADolch View Post
    I am not an expert on goggles ,but your goggles appear to be of the TR era,very well made with the "wide" leather nose piece. The items i am posting are what "i hope" to be of the same TR ERA.....the top left pair with clear plastic lens came in the metal container.........the aluminum pair with the "thin" nose piece came in the oval cardboard case.........the last pair with the added face protection i haven't any idea .......and the SCHNEE SCHUTZBRILLE (SNOW PROTECTION) box is empty. Hope there is someone out there can shed some light on the items
    forgot this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

I have a similar set to a couple that were posted. I think the ones in the first post are OK too.

Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?

?

Thanks Timothy, Dave and KradSpam! Great pics of your goggles, I have only just started collecting eyewear to fit in with the Gebirgsjager collection. Up until now have had the Swiss 'tie-on' post war variety as collection filler on a Bergmutze. I purchased the slotted goggles from a guy in Portugal, still waiting on them. I would love to find a pair like the ones you have pictured Dave, still around but rare. Should also be receiving another pair very similar to those in your collections Dave and KradSpam, the clear lensed motorcycle type. Paid $69US for the aluminium and $22US for the motorcycle ones. Interesting items to collect and do dress up a headgear item superbly! Thanks guys, much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?   Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?   Gebirgsjager Snow Goggles?  

Exactly like mine! Great to see the case.

?

Great items guys. NZEF, I think you got these for a decent price! I need a pair for a helmet display.