Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German "Backpack" dated 1939

Article about: hello everyone this is my first real post/question. First I will employ a brief introduction, I am 17 and collect WWII german and Japanese memorbilia. I guess thats enough... Well now the qu

jh92
    ?

Default German "Backpack" dated 1939

hello everyone this is my first real post/question. First I will employ a brief introduction, I am 17 and collect WWII german and Japanese memorbilia. I guess thats enough...

Well now the question, I recently acquired a German backpack. It is evidently from world war two. Furthermore it is dated 1939 and it measures about 12 inches by 11 inches by 2 inches. The only marking besides the date is the maker on the strap(One of the included pictures). No straps are ripped, nor is the canvas torn. I have done some research but cannot find much. thankfull it is not the cheaper/common ponyfur version. Also I have got to say this thing is pretty damn small, I am 6ft 3 and can barely fit it on one shoulder! I guess the owner was either Hitler youth or a midget lol. If any knows what this was for please let me know.

2. # ADS

jh92
    ?

Default Re: German "Backpack" dated 1939

Pictures on the way! Carp it will be a little longer i have to upload em to a website. Sorry.

Welcome to the forum. You can upload pics here for free. See "FAQ" at top right.

Cheers, Ade.

jh92
    ?

M1939 back pack!
    I have details somewhere on these, I will try and dig it out

jh92
    ?

Um unless its a smaller type i believe you are wrong. I contacted a dealer with a m1939 which looked similar but the dimensions of the M1939backpack are: 16" x 13" x 3 1/2" inches or 40 x 33 x 9 cm. Whereas mine is about 3/4s the size.

jh92
    ?

Anyone agree with him, or any additional ideas?

Hello,
    Neither M1939 nor M1934, but more surely a variant of the M07/13 Tornister used by political/paramilitary organisations (lack of fur on the front panel). Due to the size, it could be for the Hitlerjugend. As i'm more into military stuff, i can't help you more sorry...
    Thank

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

jh92
    ?

Thanks for the info, I am taking it to a "knowledgeable" dealer on sunday so hopefully then I will know. Honestly I thought it was hitler youth cuz it is so small. I mean I can barely fits on one of my shoulders. Only time will tell...