Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German bakelite lantern

Article about: I see these kind of lanterns and the Luftwaffe candle lanterns quite a bit on this website. Bunker Militaria. Pretty good website to deal with. Deals a lot with field gear.

Default German bakelite lantern

German bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lanternI just bought this bakelite german lantern.I have been looking for one for years but they do not come up very often and the prices are usely very high can someone give me the real value of one of those would like to know if I paided too much.

PS I would like to see some period pictures if possible.
    Last edited by cricketchris1944; 12-19-2010 at 03:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bakelite lantern
    P
    Many

Default Re: German bakelite lantern

Hello,
    This is a nice example of the carbide lantern.
    If i remember well i paid around 75 euro for a lantern with a spare carbide container. Good catch...congrats, they're nice items.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

That's a good looking lantern Chris. I'm always amazed when these turn up in such good of condition.

Take care,
    Jay

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This is a nice example of the carbide lantern.
    If i remember well i paid around 75 euro for a lantern with a spare carbide container. Good catch...congrats, they're nice items.
    Thanks
    Thank you for the info.You can get some good deals in Europe.

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    That's a good looking lantern Chris. I'm always amazed when these turn up in such good of condition.

Take care,
    Jay
    Thank you Jay.Did you get any info on the gliders.

I asked two museum curators and they didn't know a thing. I was going to ask some other junk yard guys but hadn't gotten around to it. It really looked like they were on someone's farm but I will keep asking around.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I asked two museum curators and they didn't know a thing. I was going to ask some other junk yard guys but hadn't gotten around to it. It really looked like they were on someone's farm but I will keep asking around.

Jay
    I think Sedalia Missouri is the correct zone.Thank you for looking and asking.

Hello,
    Yes there are good deals around in Europe for a certain category of items like this lantern. You paid a higher price i guess, but at least your example is complete, mine lacks the removable front panel made of metal. The spare carbide container was given to me after the deal. The seller found it just when i was about to leave and gave it to me as part of the lantern...i didn't complain of course...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Yes there are good deals around in Europe for a certain category of items like this lantern. You paid a higher price i guess, but at least your example is complete, mine lacks the removable front panel made of metal. The spare carbide container was given to me after the deal. The seller found it just when i was about to leave and gave it to me as part of the lantern...i didn't complain of course...
    Thanks
    Could I see a picture of the carbine container.
    I paid 80$ for the lantern plus 20$ chipping so 100$ from Europe.
    The reason I was asking about the price is because I have seen them here in the US for 600$ and up crasy.

Hello,
    You've made a very good deal, congrats...
    $600 is just crazy for such an item, i wish i had a few for sale to american collectors (only kidding).
    Here are two photos of the Karbid container, made of the same brown bakelite than the lantern.
    German bakelite lanternGerman bakelite lantern

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast