Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Banner

Article about: Good day to all. Found another item in my father's things. It looks like one of those banners you'd see hanging from buildings, etc. Are these rare at all or kind of common? Looks like it is

Default German Banner

Good day to all.

Found another item in my father's things.

It looks like one of those banners you'd see hanging from buildings, etc.

Are these rare at all or kind of common? Looks like it is in fair condition except for the hole and stain (possibly paint).
    German BannerGerman BannerGerman Banner

Thanks,
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Banner
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Banner

Hi Paul, nice item.

These are not overly popular due to the problems of displaying them. As a result, smaller flags and banners always command a greater value.

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice, what are its measures?
    Myne also has some moth damage, but to be honest, thats the reason why i like it so much. Its 3 m x 1,70 m.

Plentiful even in this size. Value? Above $100 but below $300. It has condition issues that would put it on the low end. But it came from your Dad and has a value as a liberated item of historical value to the family. This would have been hung from a building or other architectural feature. Any idea where it came from? BTW, I have several pieces of banner material for repairs. If you want some let me know how much you need. NH

It is about 2 feet x 15 feet (off the top of my head - I have not measured it).

Not sure exactly where it came from other than what my father remembers (he is having problems with his memory these days).

He thinks his father gave it to him when he was about 13 or 14 years old. Not sure if that is true or not.