Article about: How much are they worth then? lol

Default Re: German binoculars with neat twist

How much are they worth then? lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German binoculars with neat twist
    P
    Many

Sorry for the double post but I just called the antique store... They went out of business two days ago! THEY HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I asked him if I could still buy them from him private purchase but he says, I kid you not, "I don't know where they went. We are moving and I just don't have time to look for them."

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!

That sounds like bad luck, but then again, I'm surprised you did not buy them when first you saw them, as this does happen, or someone else has bought them since you saw them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

He said that he still had them, he just didn't know where they were and that he didn't have the time to look for them. I am a broke college student so $80 is pretty hefty for me, plus I didn't know a thing about German binoculars or what they were worth. I called him again and left him a message telling him that should he come across them, give me a call and I will drive to him to buy them from him.

I guess I shall have to wait and see... Did I mention how mad I am right now...

Hello,
    I perfectly understand that you're mad now....this is always what happens when a collector doesn't catch a good piece when he's got the opportunity to make a good deal...that's sad for you, but that can be a learned lesson also...learn, learn, and learn....and perhaps soon you'll be able to take the right decision at the right moment to make a good bargain or find a neat item...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Sorry to hear that Krieg ,but you'd have better taken the chance in the first place and THEN post them here,or take a pic or three,drive back home,do a quick search on THIS forum and then discover that what looks like a complete and untouched set was worth more than 80 dollahs...but the sheer value of the item isn't what you've lost here for in my opinion the case may as well been "decalled" by his former owner,hence DEFINITELY NOT your "common" dienstglas with case!Lesson learnt the hard way mate...but never say never...the guy may come across them and give you a call,just keep your finger crossed !
    Cheers
    Manny

If it helps any, I once passed up a set of 'Dienstglas' marked binoculars with strap
    for $35 - without case. Having no knowledge of them either, I went back to the
    place TWICE to look again. The third and final time, the store had shut down !

I do know how you feel. Hopefully the guy will come through !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I know how you feel mate, its happened to all of us, lost opportunity and all that, i was very lucky a year or so back, i saw a pair of very nice 6x30 binocs inone of our local charity shops, but as luck would have it i had only just been looking at an equipment book the day before,so i recognised them, i got them for £4.00, AN ABSOLUTE STEAL, i later found out that there called Voightlanders and worth a fair bit, most of the tan paint remained as well, the optics are perfect, when it comes to binocs i havent heard of many being faked, sometimes you have bite the bullet and take the chance on items like this, i hope this guy can find them for you but i would definately stay in touch, even to the point of spinning him a small story, like you collect them and its the one type you havent got, he may just get his ass in gear for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2