Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??

Article about: Is this breadbag WWII issue, or is it post war?

?

Default German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??

Is this breadbag WWII issue, or is it post war?

German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Breadbag - WWII or Post War??

The three hole buttons appear to be correct to me but I've been fooled before so hopefully someone who knows better than I will weigh in.

3 hole button is correct for ww2. but for tabs on the belt you got to look for pointed tabs. Also mid war varints did not have a divider. yours does, + not pointed tib = postwar bread bag IMO.

sqaure tabs are very rare to come across that were made during the war. (the article will adress this)

Look to the link it should clear matters on your bread bag qeastion
    How to spot a good Bread Bag (Brotbeutel) / der Erste Zug

This site is Very good.

Hello,
    The Brotbeutel is DRK (postwar?)
    The carrying strap is late war Wehrmacht

Franz : there's no divider in the army Brotbeutel. Prewar, early war, midwar and late war : no divider.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

My bad then. thought the divider deal appleid to all bread bags. you learn somthing every day!
    THanks JPhilip

Post war. Easy to tell by a first glance at the material. Interesting to see the WWII strap attached. I wonder if it was attached recently or if an original surplus WWII strap was issued with the bag post war? I used one of these early in my re-enacting activity until something better came along. NH

looks like the ink stamping inside includes a date for 1963....DRK,,,German Red Cross

Kurt Koniger
    ?

I have ( for a very small fee) bought a bread bag which may or may not be very late war??? It hAs no strap rings no internal divider, the buttons close through the flap,which has no loops for hanging mess tin etc, but it looks quite nice on an esthetic level, i wonder, would they have simplified quite this much???

?

Kurt go back up to thread 3 of this post and there is an excellant lnk there to help you out.

Regards Mark k

I find a good website to identify breadbag
    How to spot a good Bread Bag (Brotbeutel) / der Erste Zug