Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: This clock was given to me a number of years ago by a family friend. he took it at the time of liberation from a German bunker on Liberation day itself which for us was the 9th of May 1945.

Default German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.

This clock was given to me a number of years ago by a family friend. he took it at the time of liberation from a German bunker on Liberation day itself which for us was the 9th of May 1945. Made by Siemans, it originally is was what I believe is called a "slave" clock, meaning it was run from a master clock within a bunker complex making sure all the clocks were telling the exact same time. When I got it, it had a small battery run mechanism working the hands. And as I don't have the master clock for now it can stay as it is and be the first thing most visitors to my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey) get to see when they visit my bunker.
    These clocks are few and far between, somewhat rarer than the Kriegsmarine brass ship's clocks I guess but perhaps not near the same sort of value... or are they,what do you think?
    All the best from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.   German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German bunker clock from Jersey, Channel Islands.

You've acquired some marvellous items over the years D, it is a wonderful collection you have there on Jersey. Regarding this clock, I have no idea about the value but one can perhaps guess that it should be quite reasonable. After all, you don't see these every day do you? I like the spade on the clock hand too, nice touch.

Regards,

Carl