MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German camera found by British soldier, neat story, cool pics.

Article about: WWII: German camera captures Nazi troops at rest - BBC News Looks like a Voightlander Bessa? Shame they don't say a bit more about the camera, but a great story with pics.

Default German camera found by British soldier, neat story, cool pics.

WWII: German camera captures Nazi troops at rest - BBC News

Looks like a Voigtländer Bessa? Shame they don't say a bit more about the camera, but a great story with pics.

Voigtländer (German pronunciation: [ˈfoːktlɛndɐ]) is an optical company founded by Johann Christoph Voigtländer (de) in Vienna in 1756 and is thus the oldest name in cameras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voigtländer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German camera found by British soldier, neat story, cool pics.
    P
    Many

they look like German soldiers to me not Nazi troops.

?

They all look like Nazi troops to me with the exception of the British soldiers.
    The Nazi adlers on the right breast of their tunics lead me to believe this.

Agree Heer troops some NCO's and a officer EM or two great story and camera love the UK troops picture also. Thanks for the link. timothy

A small correction here: they are actually KM Coastal Artillerymen. Points to note:

Pointed ends to the shoulder straps

Lower pockets to the tunics are not patch pockets, but are internal type with just an external flap.

Feldmutze: in KM cut (like the style also used by the Waffen SS and Luftwaffe) which has no step down towards the front on the turn up like a Heer M34 cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!