Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Document Stamps

Article about: I have a small collection of various German document stamps. Has anyone come across many of these before? As far as I know they are real, they are very detailed, built from wood and metal. I

Default German Document Stamps

German Document StampsGerman Document StampsGerman Document StampsGerman Document Stamps

I have a small collection of various German document stamps. Has anyone come across many of these before? As far as I know they are real, they are very detailed, built from wood and metal. I was told that fakes usually are rubber and the quality is poor.

Casey ~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Document Stamps
    P
    Many

I am afraid that the round ones are Polish / Czech fakes or fantasy - often sold on eBay and ioffer.

?

Casey, unfortunately...every piece shown above is a Polish made fantasy or reproduction piece. These have been and will continue to be, the most common replica stampers (or indeed, fantasy design stampers) on the market. I have seen these type of stamp sold for big money...I do hope that you did not pay a lot for your collection...

Carl

Luckily I did not spend a fortune on them, under 100 Euro for them all.

Casey ~

?

Quote by cjmpaintings View Post
    Luckily I did not spend a fortune on them, under 100 Euro for them all.

Casey ~
    Glad to hear that it wasn't too much money wasted...these catch out many people...

A brief search of the forum(s) here on WRF would highlight just how popular this type of material is...

Attached below are genuine period stampers - note the variations in form, many exist.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Document Stamps   German Document Stamps  

German Document Stamps   German Document Stamps  

German Document Stamps   German Document Stamps  

Attached Images Attached Images German Document Stamps  German Document Stamps 

Thanks for the info, I have never seen any of these originals about.

Casey ~

?

Quote by cjmpaintings View Post
    Thanks for the info, I have never seen any of these originals about.

Casey ~
    You are welcome.

Most of the pieces shown above, i.e. the originals, were or are within my collection, including the very rare SS-KAMA stamper. Personally, I find that they make excellent additions to paper / desk displays and such.

Carl