Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German e-tool...postwar?

Article about: Hi Guys - question: Is this German e-tool shovel pre or post 1945? The edges are not flat, has a slight roll-up. Cheers, Fabe

?

Default German e-tool...postwar?

Hi Guys -

question: Is this German e-tool shovel pre or post 1945?
    The edges are not flat, has a slight roll-up.
    Cheers,
    Fabe
    German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German e-tool...postwar?
    P
    Many

Can't remember the maker but they did produce spaten during WW2 and post war for the BW.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Can't remember the maker but they did produce spaten during WW2 and post war for the BW.
    Yes, they did. However, the ones I saw post-war BW e-tools from this maker, had the folded (flat) ears or no ears at all, longer handles and usually a date under the "man holding the shovel" marking - 1960's dates I saw the most.

?

I don't have the item yet, in a few days. It's not from a military dealer, flea market pick-up - and was very inexpensive (even in Easter-European standards).
    'Will wait for more opinions of course, and will take better pics when it arrives.
    Last edited by Fabe; 05-20-2019 at 01:03 AM.

?

The shovel arrived this week - to my surprise, it's a smaller sized one (never seen one before) - my guess; it was fireman's or maybe HJ hand shovel...anyways, a very interesting item. I've put an average sized e-tool next to it (same maker) - on the last couple of pics.
    Cheers,
    Fabe
    German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?German e-tool...postwar?

Hello,
    this entrenching tool was manufactured by Ideal-Spaten (company still exists) in postwar times.
    They were sold as camping and car equipment on the civil market.
    This smaler design already existed for youth organizations in wartime and i belive the same tooling was used here.
    Main indicator for dating is the red colour (respectively blue colour from manufacturer Enders).

Best regards,
    Austrian

I have a similar (also smaller) model which is made like the M1874 entrenching tool, being riveted instead of spot welded, that one also has "IDEAL" below the man holding the shovel.
    Luis

The War made Entrenchingtools were rivited fith some bolts
    The NVA used this type of spade
    BR
    Bavarian