Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German fighting/boot knife?

Article about: Found this at a local Antique shop today and knew it was German but I am not sure if it is WW1/WW2 or perhaps even post war. It is made by Solingen. If anyone could help me out that would be

Default German fighting/boot knife?

Found this at a local Antique shop today and knew it was German but I am not sure if it is WW1/WW2 or perhaps even post war. It is made by Solingen. If anyone could help me out that would be great! German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?German fighting/boot knife?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German fighting/boot knife?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German fighting/boot knife?

This type of knife was used by the Germans in both WWI & WWII.
    I cant say, when your knife was made though.

It seems like it is made by "Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingenfoche" because I found the same exact knife with one different marking than mine in the same spot labeled as WW1 boot knife. and it seems to have to same makers marking but it is so worn down.

Hello,
    The thickness of the crossguard, the rivets, the quality of the metal used, the quality of the leather, the markings, the workmanship....they're all screaming : PAKISTAN
    Sorry to say but this one is a repro, this type of WWI german combat knife (Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen) is one of the most faked knife on the market.
    I hope you didn't pay too much...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The thickness of the crossguard, the rivets, the quality of the metal used, the quality of the leather, the markings, the workmanship....they're all screaming : PAKISTAN
    Sorry to say but this one is a repro, this type of WWI german combat knife (Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen) is one of the most faked knife on the market.
    I hope you didn't pay too much...
    Thanks
    I would agree with this assessment.
    Sorry,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)