Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German forks

Article about: These 2 forks are from the two german soldiers that slept for 2 nights at my grandmother's home in Bozovici- Romania before the russians came. they left in a hurry leaving behind these forks

mizdiniz
    ?

Default German forks

These 2 forks are from the two german soldiers that slept for 2 nights at my grandmother's home in Bozovici- Romania before the russians came. they left in a hurry leaving behind these forks, a shaving kit (and a truck full of ammo). they fought with the russians for a few days in Bozovici before they ran away being outnumbered.
    The story is longer but the point is I still have the forks.
    I don't know if they were wehrmacht or ss troops. I would really like to know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German forks   German forks  

German forks   German forks  

2. # ADS

Default Re: German forks

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It is nice to know the story behind these items.

They are Heer (Wehrmacht) marked. But these could have been used by the Waffen SS.

Cheers, Ade.

Welcome !

nice fork , two diff model , and the two fork have a date stamped 41 (1941)

here , my example , complete (mint condition) for comparison , diff aigle and maker mark , same year 41 . Some collectors tell me before : this pattern of cutlery is for the officier only , but i never find any proof of this ! true /false ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German forks   German forks  

mizdiniz
    ?

Very nice set Pierre. Thanks Ade for the explanations. Now I know more things about these forks and it's the first time that I see how those sets were assembled. I've seen other types, the folding versions but never this type. Thanks Pierre for sharing these great pictures.

No truth to that officer nonsense, one of many such errors passed down from one bad book to another. These were rather randomly distributed and produced by about a dozen makers. On reference stated that CAG marked pieces were usually SS but I doubt it. I have several sets and odd pieces and no one make is any scarcer than another.

Pieces with Luftwaffe bird are few. Anyone have ?