Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

german gasmask and container

Article about: hello i,ve obtained this set yesterday.i have a little doubts with the origins of ir.does it looks like a intergral complet?or maybe gasmask is earlier than the container?what means the RLB

Default german gasmask and container

hello i,ve obtained this set yesterday.i have a little doubts with the origins of ir.does it looks like a intergral complet?or maybe gasmask is earlier than the container?what means the RLB shortcut on the top ?and the R -eigentum on the mask strap?maybe reichswehr property??
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german gasmask and container   german gasmask and container  

german gasmask and container   german gasmask and container  

german gasmask and container   german gasmask and container  

german gasmask and container  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german gasmask and container
    P
    Many

sorry i dont know why this two photos wasnt upload in the first post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german gasmask and container   german gasmask and container  

RLB would stand for Reichsluftschutzbund, making this a Luftschutz-issued gas mask. The filter also supports this, as I've only ever seen them on non-combat issue masks.
    It's certainly a pre-war gas mask, as evidenced by the style of WaffenAmt markings. This style - using the Weimar-style eagle with folded wings - was used until around 1939, at which point they switched to straight-winged eagles.

The canister looks to have all of its original straps. A nice find!

B.B.

?

The RLM stamp stands for Reichs Luftfahrt Ministerium. The eagle is the Reichswehr eagle and was used to somewhere around 1936.
    That's what I could find for you.

Regards, Rik

Edit: This one (GM30 1st and 2nd model) probably first was a military used gasmask but it was taken out of active service when the GM30 3rd model came into service and later the GM38.

Agreed Rik it is an early one, Type 30 maske & Weimar era filter. Not an everyday find. Nice one.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 02-02-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typo

Love the patina on the canister - this will look very cool as part of your collection
    nick

thank You for the intetersing info and good words,
    time to find another one
    good luck