Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

German gasmask with label

Article about: G'day all, just thought I show a couple of pics of my gasmask for your comments, It has the spare lenses and the cleaning cloth in the bottom of the cannister. On the inside lid there is a l

Default Re: German gasmask with label

Regimental staff

Yes, Luftwaffe.

Must go to work now!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    G'day all,
    just thought I show a couple of pics of my gasmask for your comments, It has the spare lenses and the cleaning cloth in the bottom of the cannister. On the inside lid there is a label which clearly has the word "Paris" do you think the bloke who owned this was stationed there or could it be there for some other reason? Any comments are welcome. Thanks, Dave.
    could you post a few more pictures of this gas-mask container please - where did you buy this from and when?

Mike

Wow gents! You boys have been very busy while I've been asleep! I think I'll try soaking the damaged part of the label with a cotton wool ball and carefully see if I can straighten it out. I don't want to damage the label but I think If I'm careful it might just work. Thanks for all the efforts Ade & Phill I really appreciate it, cheers, Dave.

....oops, sorry Mike, I'm on my wifes iPad at the moment but I will definitely post a few more pics when I get onto my normal computer. I bought it here in Perth at an antique fair about 4 years ago, it cost (I think) $180 which I thought wasn't too bad considering the condition the canister and the gas mask are in.

I've managed to straighten out the damaged part of the label, it is:
    L. 37919 - Paris There is a bit more writing on the top of the label which I just cannot make out but I have photographed it in the hope that one of you gents may be able to read it. Thank you all very much for your interest and help, It certainly brings the thing to life for me! I hope you like the extra pics, cheers, Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmask.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	265812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmask 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	265813  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmask 3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	265814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmask 5.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	265816  

Name:	gmask 6.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	265818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmask 7.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	265819  

Name:	PB160529.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	265820  

Sorry to annoy you Ade but does this number seem right: 37919 ? I am certain that is the number on the label. Thanks mate, Dave.

Hi Dave, no worries! It is no good, but here are the details anyway.

(28.2.1941-29.7.1941) Heeres-Kraftfahr-Bezirk XXVIII,

(30.7.1941-28.2.1942) Heeres-Kraftfahr-Bezirk 28,

dann Heeres-Kraftfahr-Bezirk 128, dann Vorkommando Heeres-Kraftfahr-Bezirk 128,

(1.3.1942-7.9.1942) Heeres-Kraftfahr-Bezirk 128,

(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 9.3.1944 Kfz.-Instandsetzungs-Abteilung 128.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks very much for your help mate, it is a shame that I just can't get the numbers clear enough to read properly but I very much appreciate you efforts in trying to help. I am still very happy with the gas mask, it's a beauty. Cheers mate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123