Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?

Article about: Hi I was told this is an original WWII German Binoculars. But not sure it's for army or for citizen ? There is marker "C.F.Goerz Berlin" on the left side. "4 1/2x Neo Universa

Default German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?

Hi
    I was told this is an original WWII German Binoculars. But not sure it's for army or for citizen ?

There is marker "C.F.Goerz Berlin" on the left side. "4 1/2x Neo Universal" on the right side. Serial no. "596432" in the front.
    Case has marker "C.F.Goerz Berlin" too.

Any common will be appreciated,thanks a lot.
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?   German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  

German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?   German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  

German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?   German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?

Hi Kevin, they are not military issue.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Kevin,
    If the 6x30 binoculars don't bear the marking "Dienstglas" on the right hand side, they have little chance to be meant for the Army
    On the military issue, there's no toothed wheel in the middle part to adjust optics...left and right optics can be adjusted separatly by turning the base of the eyepiece.
    As you can see on both pics below
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army? 

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The key to distinguishing military from civilian is the focus type. The center focus type known sometimes as Deltrintem are civilian. The single eye focus is miltary - at least in this size of binocular. Some civilian manufacture binoculars were used by the Wehrmacht. I bought a set of Deltrintem for $20 thinking they were post war. Turns out they were made in 1937 and some were actually purchased by the Army. If you can find a manufacture date based on the binoculars serial number there may be other info available too.
    Cheers, Neil

Hi Philip & Neil
    Thanks a lot for your kind help. The info I can find is "Neo Universal 4.5 x 20 ~ 1924 FF" ,Hope this help.

BTW, IS this set worth $100? Thanks again.

More pics here, I am not sure is it single eye focus style or not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  

They are center focus civilian binoculars. The 1924 manufacture date puts them squarely in the Reichswehr era. I doubt they were used in the military but who knows? As for value, I would think a set like this with matching case in good condition would be worth at least $100 - possibly more. If the optics are nice and sharp without any fuzz, cracking or distortion then they must be worth more than $100. I hesitate to suggest a hard and fast value on such things because there are several factors in play such as condition. A nice set to be sure. In the attached photo you can see my 1937 Deltrintem with repro strap. I use these at reenacting events. They are identified as a type issued to the Heer prior to WWII. Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Goerz Berlin Binoculars for Army?  

Hi Neil
    Thanks so much for these helpful information.You look like an real Heer Commander in the pictures. Sooo Cool. Hope I have chance to be equipped like that.
    Cheers
    Kevin

Antiq
    ?

Removed & moved, sry for resurrecting the thread
    Last edited by Antiq; 03-22-2012 at 07:55 PM.