Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?

Article about: Hello all, I'm a brand new member here, and I'm seeking some help. My girlfriend just got me an early Christmas gift, a set of Goerz Berlin binoculars. The interesting (to me) thing about th

Hendu024
    ?

Default German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?

Hello all,

I'm a brand new member here, and I'm seeking some help. My girlfriend just got me an early Christmas gift, a set of Goerz Berlin binoculars. The interesting (to me) thing about these is that they are 8x. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of specific identification? I have been looking around, but can't seem to find a specific serial lookup.

The left side of the binoculars says C.P. Goerz Berlin.
    The right side of the binoculars says 8x Helinox Trieder-Binocle D.R.P.
    The serial # is 269029

They are a center focus, which indicates to me civilian use, but I could be wrong..?

They are in amazing condition overall, whoever had these before took very good care of them.

Thank you in advance for the help, I appreciate it!

2. # ADS

If you could post some photos of them and the markings, it would be of great help! A very nice Christmas present,indeed! My wife gave Me a metallic covered butterdish shaped like a Pig. A subtle message, I wonder? One year, she gave me a red tin painted desk fan shaped like a pig as well. I think I'm beginning to detect a Pattern here...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Please post photos, it will help immensely.
    If you read the first 4 or 5 posts in this thread, you should be able too figure out how to upload photos to your thread.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hendu024
    ?

Hope this works, thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?   German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?  

German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?   German Goerz Binoculars, est. 1916?