Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German gun show pickups

Article about: Picked these items up at a gun show in Winston Salem a couple weeks ago. I paid 45 for the bayonet, 20 for the goggles and case, and 10 for the mess utensils. I saw the Wkc marking and picke

Unhappy German gun show pickups

Picked these items up at a gun show in Winston Salem a couple weeks ago. I paid 45 for the bayonet, 20 for the goggles and case, and 10 for the mess utensils. I saw the Wkc marking and picked it up, I think it might be postwar because of the 59 on it ( 1959 maybe ) but I thought I'd take a chance. The bayonet is marked jos corts sn. Can anyone tell me the year it would have been made? Opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German gun show pickups   German gun show pickups  

German gun show pickups   German gun show pickups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German gun show pickups
    P
    Many

Default Re: German gun show pickups

As for the bayonet, the date will be on the spine - from the 1930's,
    and I think you are correct about the utensils.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm positive it's 59

The bayonet and scabbard are rough, but a scabbard
    alone would cost you around $30-$50.

Nice finds......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I believe the scabbard is from WW1....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

ww2 disposible goggles post war maybe bw private purchase eating set bayonet 84/98 early bayonet before 1941 manf on blade correct date on spine should be some waa on pommell I agree ww1 scabbard from looking at construction. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    ww2 disposible goggles post war maybe
    Are you saying the goggles are ww2 or post war here? I'm not aware of the BW using such goggles post 1955?

Mess utensils are almost identical to the WWII produced sets but are not so well made. But 10 bucks is still a bargin and in 1959 quality was still pretty good. I still use 1942 produced set in hiking and fishing trips and i have not ever sharpened the knife because there is no need to sharpen it - and I own this set more than 10 years now. Bajo is WWII and scabard is maybe really from WWI. About the goggles - there are alot on the market and I personally think that many are from post-war stock.

I made some research on the disposable goggles before I bought my pair and the consensus seems to be that WW2 era goggles have the thicker (wider) material stitched to the cellophane 'lenses'.

German gun show pickups

Would be good to see if anyone has any substantive thoughts to the contrary.

Those you show in cardboard package are ww2 goggles, BW did use some just like them they came in a plastic container instead of cardboard. There was a pair and the plastic container shown either here or WAF dated 1966. Those you have are ww2. Timothy