Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German M 24 Stick greanades with history

Article about: great find!!!!! I wonder if they keep looking around the farm what else they may find. Thanks for showing us these. John

?

Default German M 24 Stick greanades with history

My friend from Russia just tell me interesting history about these M24 potato mashers, he got them from the friend, who's father live in the old farm. The history beginning in the Pskov area, in 1941 year, when the Soviet army retreating from the Pskov. Once in the morning Soviet officer tell to the the farm owners, that they will build a defence line in this area- and all civilians must go away to the rear. Over a couple of hours friend's father who was a child approx a 8 years, and his parents take necessary things and leave the farm. They returned back over 3 years, right after the Germans leave that area. When they come to the house, he said there was a lot of German tank's parts and other broken vehicles, he said Germans used the farm as a workshop, the house they use for living, but other buildings has a lot of very useful instruments. Around of the farm they found a couple of dead horses and 4 or 5 dead Soviet soldiers. Seems there was a small battle a couple of days ago, as he said. When they turned into the one of the building's attic, they found a MG nest with a lot of shot cases, there was a lot of other stuff too, but the grandmother make the attic clean.
    A week ago, the owners begin the repair of the farm to prepare it for a summer residence as a dacha, they clean all the attic from the garbage and found in one of the corners a couple of German wooden boxes, a huge quantity of empty shells, 2 spare barrel boxes, a couple of battle damaged messkits and 2 of the M 24 grenades and other items, all the items was preserved perfectly, due they was mostly hidden under the deep layer of dry sawdust, which was covered attic's floor. The guy who cleaned attic, first call to my friend to ask if there something valuable, finally he bought this stuff, and nicely deactivate grenades, to keep all the possible parts intact
    German M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with history
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M 24 Stick greanades with history
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German M 24 Stick greanades with history

Interesting that the condition of the grenades are really worn and and one handle has engraved "X" on it

German M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with history
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

What a great find Dim and a perfect example of anice all parts intact M24 but as you say an interesting condition following such a long storage !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I never seen such a detailed deactivation of all the system, even the lead ignitor with it's small cooper container. The lead container has factory code and year markings and a length of the ignitor delay 4,1/2.

German M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with historyGerman M 24 Stick greanades with history
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

They was hidden under the deep layer of sawdust, which was covered attic's floor
    Regards,
    Dimas

Wow, that an amazing find, it makes you wonder how much more stuff like this is hidden away in a barn or attic somewhere, just waiting to be discovered, hopefully its discovered by someone that doesnt pull the cord out of curiosity lol

?

The only others i have seen with the lead ignitor with it's small copper container were from Karelia but not in this good condition.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

One of the grenades has a traces of white paint in the handle, may be a long time soldier wear them, before lost in the attic
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Very cool Dimas! Can we see the other items as well?

Regards, Lars

Very nice Dimas, he has done a really good job de activating these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast