Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian

Article about: I got this today in the mail and at first glance it resembled a German one I have. It appears to be of the same design and construction . It also has an extra lens in wax paper but I think i

?

Default Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian

I got this today in the mail and at first glance it resembled a German one I have. It appears to be of the same design and construction . It also has an extra lens in wax paper but I think it is in Italian language instead of German.The date on the lens is M 31-33. The date on the gas mask itself is 1935 with a star above it as shown in the pictures. The filter has a paper label w/ what appears to from 1956, possibly a later inspection date if it was still in use, or maybe this is a newer filter not original to the mask. I thinks this may be a pre ww2 Italian military issue mask made in Germany for the Italian Army. Any info will be appreciated,thanks.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian   Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian  

Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian   Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian  

Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian   Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian

anyone know?

Can't help you, but PM
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/warme...mbernr3448wrf/
    he might know!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I'm not too sure about the cannister, it might possibly be a german civil defence version as Italian T.35 (type 35) Gas Masks were generally issued with a canvas carrier, the filter looks like the correct on though, just post war dated. Overal its an Italian T.35 Military Gas Mask with a post war filter, and somewhere this cannister has been thrown into the mix

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, but you have a very nice looking mask

Thanks

Danny

?

Thanks for you help, Danny! interesting info. Strange how the mask and filter all fit in the cannister and the extra lens is the same as the german ones I have and it fits perfect in the lens box under the lid. Let me know if you're interested in it.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian   Is this a German made gas can/mask or Italian