Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Merkur Slant Razors

Article about: Hi Guys, Hope this is the correct section, it didn't seem to fit anywhere in particular. Just got sent a question by a mate of mine: "I am curious if you might have any idea of when the

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Question German Merkur Slant Razors

Hi Guys,

Hope this is the correct section, it didn't seem to fit anywhere in particular.

Just got sent a question by a mate of mine:

"I am curious if you might have any idea of when the slant style Merkur Double Edge razor came into being? I have early Merkur slants with Gillette style handles, Apollos, and Ben-Hurs. I am not sure which was the first and when they were first produced. If you have any idea I would appreciate your input.

I also have a few labeled Escher hones. I am looking for information regarding the company's possible advertising regarding the difference in color relating to the grit of the hone. They produced Dark Blue, Blue Green and Blue Grey.

There must have been a rhyme and reason behind the color coding and I assume that there may be some reference to it in old barber supply catalogs but I haven't had any luck in turning anything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

So, I know these items whilst not 100% military often turn up as pack fillers etc. and wondered if any guys here have anything to input?

ATB,
    Tom

2. # ADS