Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed

Article about: This messkit top is coded and dated 45 but the bottom is SMN 35,the green paint looks original is consistant on both pieces .Were they just using up parts late in the war?

Default German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed

This messkit top is coded and dated 45 but the bottom is SMN 35,the green paint looks original is consistant on both pieces .Were they just using up parts late in the war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed   German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed  

German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed   German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed
    P
    Many

Hello,
    There's something stinky with this messkit.
    There's no way the german industry/military depot would have spared this messkit body for ten years and delivered/issued it with this 45 marked lid...no way...
    I do not like the ANS 45 markings by the way....not at all....looks like postwar added markings to me...the three letters do not even have the same size and font and the lack of paint just where the markings are is, let's say annoying....and the green paint IMO added in the engraving before giving some abused look around markings, pfffff....i do not like the size of the rivets around markings either....the font for the 4 is not right....
    If you could post more photos showing the lid from above and the set from the front in the sunlight it would be great
    But you can be sure of one thing : this messkit and lid were not issued together in 1945...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks!I don't know anything about these,would there be much money in faking these?,only paid 10.00.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks!I don't know anything about these,would there be much money in faking these?,only paid 10.00.

Hello,
    No, there wouldn't be much money to make in faking this one...but it's not always a question of money...
    What i'm about to write has nothing to do with your messkit, but i used to know guys who faked camouflaged german helmets or gasmask canisters, and i'm talking about very well made fakes...their pleasure was to give away the item as cheap as possible, sometimes for free (Oh, i'm not interested in this kind of crap...) just to fool people, to deceive without making a good bunch of money. It was their pleasure to fool people.

I perfectly remember a Gasmask canister that one of these guys got in a fleamarket for peanuts. As i knew him and was there when he got the Gasmask, he allowed me to take photos for my personal archives...there was a paper tag inside the lid with the soldier's name. Eight years later, yes EIGHT YEARS, i'm in a local militaria fair when i see a guy jumping around like crazy, laughing with his friends, i come closer and ask one of the guys about what is going on. The guy had bought a grouping from a late WWII french soldier and inside a backpack there was a german Gasmask with camo paint (for free)....the grouping was cheap and the german Gasmask was part of it, apparently not being noticed by the seller. The grouping had been bought from a non profesionnal dealer who had a table at the fair (not the same guy than eight years earlier). Once in hands, i looked at this very convincing canister and when i opened the lid, i found the same paper tag. I never forgot a paper tag in a Gasmask as the latter was my main interest for years (along with the use of tropical gear within european front troops and Zeltbahnen).

So it took the guy eight years to finalize his "creature" and release it for free...hidden in the grouping of a french soldier....no money involved here, just a perversity that goes beyond the point that what the standard collector can understand.
    Thanks

PS : if you can post the requested photos i'll be glad to help more

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Here are some pics didn't get a chance outside in sunlight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed   German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed  

German messkit ANS45 marked,info needed  

Hello,
    From what i can see on these photos, the lid should be an unmarked early example
    So ANS 45 markings are bad...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Rivets are all wrong, not heard of ANS maker either.

Thanks for the info!Yeah the rivits look replaced,they are bent up and loose.Glad I posted this,would never have known.Someone must have been really bored to fake the stamps,they sure didnt do it for profit!Think I bought it at a gunshow 20 years ago if I remember right.Anyway no biggy,back to the gunshow it goes!