Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK

Article about: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to make such a request but hoping you are able to help. I am looking for some German ordnance tan spray paint suitable for using on a 10 x 80 tri

?

Default Re: German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK

Hi Jerry! I think your right I have used Tamiya colours a lot with my helmet restorations only draw back is the spray cans are tiny & costly! Cheers! Sean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Jerry! I think your right I have used Tamiya colours a lot with my helmet restorations only draw back is the spray cans are tiny & costly! Cheers! Sean.
    Hi Sean,

I used them before and as you say they are small and a bit pricey but gave good results. It all depends on how big the item Jersey wants to paint as I think they should be easy to get as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi guys,
    Thanks for all your help, what is now prooving to be the problem is getting them across the water from the uk to the Channel Islands.
    D.

?

Hi Jerry! Yeah they certainly do give good results I have used the tamiya range to do more than a few helmets including normandy camo helmets which looked the mutts nuts once done & one of there OD range of which the actual variant escapes me now is an almost perfect match for WW2 US M1 helmets. I didnt realise you would still have a problem shipping them from the UK mainland Jersey... That would suck, No offense intended! I like my painting! Is there not a model shop you can maybe request the tamiya paints through? Cheers! Sean.

?

D, try googling a company called SYMPACOLOR, they have various stockists in a number of countries including UK and FRANCE , ive used their paints for a few years and are very good , their OD TAN can darken slightly but it gives a very good effect of ageing paint, especially on helmets

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Jerry! Yeah they certainly do give good results I have used the tamiya range to do more than a few helmets including normandy camo helmets which looked the mutts nuts once done & one of there OD range of which the actual variant escapes me now is an almost perfect match for WW2 US M1 helmets. I didnt realise you would still have a problem shipping them from the UK mainland Jersey... That would suck, No offense intended! I like my painting! Is there not a model shop you can maybe request the tamiya paints through? Cheers! Sean.
    I got good results by spraying the German red brown over the top of still damp OD tan and got a really good pinkish DAK colour as the result, a bit hit & miss perhaps, but looked absolutely the business IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guys, its all good info.
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12