Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Razor ERN Solingen #8

Article about: Hello everybody! So I found this razor and I was wondering about its value and age. The guy that owns it says its from the WWII. Does anyone have any idea how old it could be and what would

?

Default German Razor ERN Solingen #8

Hello everybody!

So I found this razor and I was wondering about its value and age. The guy that owns it says its from the WWII. Does anyone have any idea how old it could be and what would be a reasonable price for it? Any help would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Razor ERN Solingen #8
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Razor ERN Solingen #8

Hi Victor,
    I would DOUBT that it's a wartime razor - because it has "made in Germany" in Enlish, my guess is early post war. I cant really see from the pictures...but is it a hollow-ground blade? (Hold the razor open by the brown handle, place your thumb-nail on the very end of the plade (right on the cutting-edge) and "flick" the blade off your nail (it's really hard to explain)...the blade will make a nice long "PING" sound.
    I shave with open blades and many of mine are vintage. Price depends on how worn the blade is, if there are any small "nicks" out of the cutting edge, weather it's honed well enough to shave with, and if the spine of the blade is damaged of scratched....these are just a few of the conditions for pricing.

Mike