Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Rucksack, SS camo

Article about: Hello, I found this rucksack. It has no markings as far as i can see, does anyone know what kind of rucksack it is? Thanks, Fransciska

Default German Rucksack, SS camo

German Rucksack, SS camoGerman Rucksack, SS camoGerman Rucksack, SS camoGerman Rucksack, SS camo

Hello,

I found this rucksack. It has no markings as far as i can see, does anyone know what kind of rucksack it is?

Thanks, Fransciska

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Rucksack, SS camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Rucksack, SS camo

Does the fabric smell old?

yes, smells like ... brr. the leather straps are gray coloured, same as the iron frame. sort of blue-gray colour. the iron rings are made from nickle-aluminium.

Not the expert but the fabric smelling old could be a good sign to being authentic. see what others say though...
    Last edited by kylesbullets; 10-27-2012 at 01:49 AM.

These are post war made, using war surplus materials.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

made for who? german? where can i find a picture of it, or has it a modellname?

They were made for civillian use. Climbers, hikers, etc. Not military issue.

The SS camo cloth looks like it has been made into some kind of liner.

The wartime German mountain troopers rucksack had a white camo cover which went over it. It was not made from white material itself.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Poor ss camo. Sorry for the wrong answer

Kyle: the camo cloth is possibly authentic.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Ade is right, postwar for sure...
    People used what they had after the war...
    A good friend of mine owns a postwar pair of summer woman shoes in which the part that covers the foot is made of splinter pattern Zeltbahn cloth.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)