Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help

Article about: Hey all, I'm a collector and restorer of German WW2 optics, and I have a puzzle. I'm working on a set of Scherenfernrohr 14 with a cracked prism, and am looking for options to repair and / o

ssmannklein
    ?

Default German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help

Hey all,

I'm a collector and restorer of German WW2 optics, and I have a puzzle. I'm working on a set of Scherenfernrohr 14 with a cracked prism, and am looking for options to repair and / or replace the prism. Also, I'm looking for a general value - the set is from a rare maker - "kov" which is Bernard et Turenne, Establissement Barbier, Paris.

Left plate is marked "kov 340 +", right is marked "S.F 14.Z.Gi H/6400"

THE GOOD: Set has nearly 100% of the original ordnance tan RLM color still in place. Both eyecups intact. Items with bluing are nearly perfect.

THE BAD: minor damage to one objective lip, which is dented. Housing for alignment mechanism on top of the oculars is damaged, badly, but still works.

THE UGLY: one prism has a huge split through one corner. Optics are still usable, but this is major damage to an essential component.

So, here are the questions: how much is this set worth? Is it possible to find a replacement prism for this kind of set. Anyone here have a broken set of rabbit ear binocs they are willing to part with?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help   German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help  

German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help   German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help  

2. # ADS

Mcagle
    ?

Default Re: German Scherenfernrorh Rabbit-Ear Trench binocular help

Hello Marc here, send me an email this evening, I have 3 sets of Scherenfernrorh Rabbit -Ear Trench Binoculars and parts, my email is mtcagle@verizon.net