Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

german shovel???

Article about: Evening all I picked this up today I took a gamble on it I didn't pay a lot for it I've got a feeling the shovel is post war or not german was wondering if anyone can help me i can find one

Default german shovel???

Evening all I picked this up today I took a gamble on it I didn't pay a lot for it I've got a feeling the shovel is post war or not german was wondering if anyone can help me i can find one marking on the shovel it looks like a little man with a shovel!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german shovel???   german shovel???  

german shovel???   german shovel???  

german shovel???   german shovel???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german shovel???
    P
    Many

I know very little detail about these, but it looks OK to me. Whether this pattern shovel was used post war by other nations I don't know.

nice etool/shovel ,im really not sure but judging by the PP it could be early west german border police im saying this because i have PP on a set of trousers ,sorry if im of little help ,regards james
    Regards James

MAP
    ?

I can't say for sure. These were used by many countries from WWI through Post WWII

This link is for my Finnish model (Billnas). Not a direct comparison but may have some information that may help.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...shovel-417569/

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the info guys

Quote by James C View Post
    i have PP on a set of trousers
    You need to aim a bit further out matey boy

Ha ha!

I Can only add what has been said that is the "Stickman" proof and I have seen it in WW2 ET's and Pioneer vehicle shovels usually with a date. I was also told or read the stickman maker was used post war I have only owned one stickman several years back and it had a 1943 date but date's aren't always put on WW2 German shovels. That carrier is riveted and doesn't fit the typical German carrier don't know about it so many countries made them. German are usually sewn, coded or marked and some dated Waa possibly. Somewhere I had a ID on the stickman maker hopefully some will come along to help us. timothy

Shovel is WW2 issue allright, cover however is post war (IMHO), not sure if DDR but not ww2 issue, 1940 date stamp is fake imho

Tom

Why are the ears folded forwards ( instead of backward ) ..... I have never seen this on a WW2 German spaten.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast